Fred Townsend is the new athletic director at Caledonia High School
Other positions you have held in education:
- Athletic director at Arthur Hill High School, in Saginaw Public Schools
- Head football coach at Arthur Hill High School
- Advanced Placement computer coding teacher at Arthur Hill High School
- Behavioral interventionist at Sanford Meridian in Meridian Public Schools
How about jobs outside education?
- Head football coach at Saginaw Sting Indoor Professional Football League
- Assistant football coach at CMU, assistant football coach Saginaw Valley State University
- sales representative for Coca-Cola
Education/degrees: Master’s in Educational Leadership, bachelor’s degree with a major in industrial arts and a minor in physical education from Central Michigan University.
Spouse/children: Spouse: Shelley; children: daughter Sequoyah, 30, sons Brevin, 20, Blake, 16, and Brock, 12
Hobbies/Interests/Little-known talent: Playing sports, coaching individuals, fishing and motivating others.
What kind of kid were you at the age of students at this new school? I was a very quiet student. I never talked a lot, and I was very observant of others. I was self-motivated and driven. I knew what I wanted to do and be in life since I was 6 years old. I studied and worked extremely hard to be great in the classroom and on the field. I also loved to go play sports and fish.
The biggest lesson you have learned from students is … that all students want to be something in life. All students want love, friendships and success!
Finish this sentence: If I could go back to school I would go to grade ? because … I would go back to the 12th grade because I would work even harder to build a better relationship with all of my friends and family.
If you walked into your new school building to theme music by a favorite artist or band, what would the song be? “Lose Yourself” by Eminem