- Ashley Jaime-Damian grabs the arm of traditionally dressed Alejandra Diaz-Hernandez
- Sadie Leon-Mireles is ready to dance and sing
- Carolina Estrada, 1, is a future dancer/singer
- Angel Perez-Rangel is dressed for festivities
- Parents brought in traditional clothes as part of festivities
Hispanic Culture Celebrated a Lo Grande!by Erin Albanese
The Mexican Hat Dance is perhaps cutest when performed by kindergarten, first- and second-graders, Early Education Center students demonstrated.
Led by music teacher Tami Nelson, students celebrated National Hispanic Heritage Month by singing Spanish songs and dancing traditional dances for their parents. "Good morning, buenos dias, hola!" they sang.
The majority of students in the district are Hispanic, and Superintendent Kevin Polston encouraged teachers to hold celebrations to honor culture and traditions. Students dressed in traditional costumes and decorated the gymnasium with flags from Spanish-speaking countries.
Submitted on: October 24th 2017