Gregg Bruno is the new Page Elementary School principal. SNN gets to know him in this edition of Meet Your Principal.
Other positions you have held in education:
- Principal at St. John Vianney, Diocese of Grand Rapids, Wyoming
- Assistant principal and middle school athletic director at West Middle School, Byron Center
- Teacher, assistant track coach, freshman football coach at Byron Center High School, Byron Center
- Teacher, freshman baseball coach at Sharon High School, Sharon MA
- Teacher, girls’ varsity cross country, boys JV hockey and JV Baseball Coach at Blackstone-Millville High School, Blackstone MA
- I earned my BA, summa cum laude, in history from the University of New Hampshire.
- I earned my MA in teaching and curriculum from Boston University, and I earned an MA in educational leadership from Western Michigan University.
How about jobs outside education? Warehouse worker, forklift operator, plumbing assistant, construction laborer
Spouse/children: Linda (Spouse), Lucas, Evan and Anna
Hobbies/Interests/Little-known talent: I’m an avid distance runner.
What kind of kid were you at the age of students at this new school? I was a bit of a challenge as a fourth and fifth grader. I was very active. I was very intelligent, but didn’t always apply myself at that age. I was really into hockey.
The biggest lesson you have learned from students is… to smile and be joyful.
Finish this sentence: If I could go back to school I would go to … senior year in college. Had a great group of friends and it was when I found my love of education.
If you walked into your new school building to theme music every day, what would the song be? “Whatever it Takes” by Imagine Dragons