Kent ISD — Some familiar faces have taken on new roles at the Kent Intermediate School District for the 2023-2024 school year.
The Kent ISD school board approved seven administrative appointments at its June board meeting. The appointments, which are all part of the Kent ISD leadership team, will support the Kent ISD’s strategic plan, LEAD, said Kent ISD Superintendent Ron Koehler.
“These new appointments will help strengthen our teams and provide additional leadership as we move toward accomplishing our goals,” Koehler said.
The appointments are:
- Sean Burns as director of Safety & Security
- Laura Fennell Castle as director of Teacher Development
- James Hissong as director of Grants and Strategic Partnerships
- Alissa Hofstee as director of Early Childhood Special Education and Integrated Supports
- Tim Lillis as director of Technology Infrastructure
- Mark Maynard as director of Technology Partner Services
- Katie McClintic as director of Communications & Marketing
Also, Gerry Verwey, who is the MySchool@Kent principal, was appointed to take over the leadership of Launch U Early College. Verwey was the principal at Kent Innovation High, which closed at the end of the 2022-2023 school year.
Read more from Kent ISD:
• Educators examine student perspectives on engagement, belonging
• Hoping to see the world through a camera lens