- First-grader Wesley Reinholtz and his sister, Hallie, getting a boost from mom Erin, check out an electricity exhibit at the STEAM Museum
- First-grader Jayden Pelletier crashes through an (obviously interactive) archway exhibit
- Second-grader Wyatt Zook and his dad, Bill, check out the Structures station
- Third-grader Emily Carothers makes quick work of the Gears station
- Fourth-grader Carol Carothers tries to thread a metal ring along a course without touching the metal
All Aboard for STEAM Nightby Morgan Jarema
The gymnasium at Alto Elementary filled with students and their families last week to experience the STEAM museum. The traveling museum focuses on science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics. The Alto PTO funded the visit from Michigan-based MobileEd Productions.
"Our science curriculum already has a lot of hands-on elements, and this ties in well with that," Principal Paul Papes said. "And I think anytime you can have parents exploring and learning with their kids, it sets a great example."
Submitted on: February 13th 2018